This week is Spirit Week!
Our themes for Spirit Week this year will include:
- Monday: Sports Team Day
- Tuesday: Mismatch Day
- Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday
- Thursday: Stoplight Day
- Friday: Navy/white Day
For stoplight day, the oldest child in the family wears green, the middle child wears yellow, and the youngest child wears red. For families with only 1 child, they would wear green.
All elementary students will participate in the MHS Homecoming Pep Assembly on Friday, October 18th. Dismissal will take place from the MHS. Students will be bringing home a transportation form to be filled out and returned by Monday, Oct. 14th that explains how parents would like their child to get home on the 18th.
River Valley’s baseball team is going to hold a baseball camp at the high school baseball field on October 26th and 27th, and November 2nd and 3rd for all youth players kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Cost: $40.00. This cost covers all 4 two-hour sessions and includes a t-shirt! Money is due the first day of camp at registration; cash or checks payable to RV Baseball Boosters.
- What Do You Need: Baseball attire (baseball pants, long-sleeved shirt, baseball hat, glove, cleats as well as shoes (in case we have to go inside due to weather), and bat (if you own one). Catchers, please bring your own gear.
- About: This is an instructional camp lead by the RV coaching staff & players. They will concentrate on throwing mechanics, hitting, fielding, base running, catching, pitching, and more. This is a chance for everyone to get acquainted with new drills, make new friends, & enjoy some baseball before the snow flies.
- Questions: Coach Sokolowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 449-4539.
Conferences will take place on Wednesday, October 23rd and Thursday, October 24th. There will be no school for students on Friday, October 25th.
Students will be bringing home their conference times on Friday, Oct. 11th. If the assigned time does or does not work, please select the appropriate checkbox on the form and return it to your child’s teacher by Monday, Oct. 14th.
If there is a change in your student’s transportation, the office must be notified via a note, phone, or email. Students without proper notification will be sent home the way that they would under normal circumstances.
If you have a transportation issue after 3:00 pm, the transportation department can be reached at 269-756-7899.
According to our attendance procedures, it is important that families contact the school when students will be absent along with the reason for the absence. Please remember to give your child’s school office a call in the morning if they will not be in school.
River Valley Elementary PTO
PTO Fall Fun Run
The PTO Fall Fun Run will take place on Thursday, October 17th. For the fundraiser, students are to obtain pledges for their participation in the event. Students can earn prizes for certain amounts of money that are raised which will go to the RVEPTO. These funds are used to support the students of Three Oaks Elementary in a variety of ways.
RV Elementary PTO Website: rivervalleyelementarypto.weebly.comfor all the latest information on fundraisers, meetings, etc.
RV Elementary PTO Facebook: Please visit facebook.com/RiverValleyElementaryPTO/ for all the latest information on fundraisers, meetings, etc.
We’re Working to Keep Our Schools Safe
Submitting your application takes less than five minutes; get started now!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Keeping our students, faculty and staff safe is a top priority. To help ensure this safety, background screens for volunteers are a necessity. We have contracted with BIB to conduct high-quality background checks on our potential volunteers using their Secure Volunteer technology.