Saturday & Sunday meals for in-person learners:
Do you need a break on the weekend for meal prep? You can reserve breakfast and lunch meal packs for your in-person learners!
To reserve weekend meal packs, please call 269 756-9541 ext 2498. Leave students full name and grade. Responses must be received no later than Monday at 12 noon. Student weekend meals will be available for pick up at River Valley Middle High School door #12 on Thursdays between 5pm-6pm.
If you have questions, please contact Jenny Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-756-7606.
Virtual Learners Meal Packs
If your child is a virtual learner, they will still have the option to order a school breakfast and lunch meal pack. Meal packs will contain food for the whole school week and the weekend, giving them 7 days of breakfasts and lunches! They cannot be split.
PRICING PER STUDENT (based on state income eligibility guidelines):
The USDA announced on Friday, October 9, 2020, that they are extending the flexibilities that allow free school meals through the end of 2020-2021 school year! That means Breakfast and Lunch are free for all River Valley students for the entire school year!
Thursdays 5-6pm. Meal Pick-up will be at Door 12 on the backside at River Valley Middle High School.
If you want to reserve meals for your virtual students:
Please call 269 756-9541 ext 2498. Leave students full name and grade. Responses must be received no later than Monday at 12 noon. Student meals will be available for pick up at River Valley Middle High School door #12 on Thursdays between 5pm-6pm.
Breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day. It refuels your body and prepares you for the activities ahead. When your child doesn’t eat breakfast, he/she won’t have the energy he/she needs to play and learn. Reports show that students who eat breakfast improve their behavior and ability to perform in the classroom. ALL STUDENTS in grades K-12 are invited to eat breakfast DAILY, FREE of charge.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete one Free and Reduced School Meals Family Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all the required information. Return the completed application to Jennifer Jones at River Valley Schools, 269-756-7606 or apply online at www.LunchApp.com
- Who can get free meals? Children in households getting Food Stamps, FIP, or FDPIR and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines shown on this application.
- Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children get free meals? Please call Elizabeth Kickert at 269-756-9541 ext. 1034, the homeless and migrant liaison, to see if your child(ren) qualifies if you have not already been informed that they will get free meals through a letter.
- Who can get reduced meals? Your children can get low-cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown on this application.
- Should I fill out an application if I got a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced-price meals? Please read the letter carefully and follow the instructions. Call the school at 269-756-7606 if you have questions.
- I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application.
- Will the information I give be checked? Yes, you may be asked to send written proof of your income.
- If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps, FIP, FDPIR or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced-price meals.
- What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to Brian Brown at River Valley Schools 15480 Three Oaks Rd Three Oaks, MI 49128 or call 269-756-9541 ext. 1013.
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a US citizen? Yes, you can. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
- Who should I include in as members of my household? You must include yourself and all the people currently living in your household, related or not; such as grandparents, other relatives, stepchildren, or friends. You must include all income earned for each person listed on the lunch application or check the “NO” income spot.
- What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if it is occasional extra income.
- We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income? If your housing is part of the Military Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, D.C. or call 800-795-3272 or 202-720-6382(TTY) USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.